Monday, August 8, 2011

Music Mondays - My Band, Soul F/X

Wanted: A 60's wig and a tambourine.

So today, I just finished my rehearsal with my band.  I don't know if I told you, but I recently joined a band with my two friends Kenny Pitt and Zahmu Sankofa.  We're a soul/ funk/ pop cover band with A# Productions out of Huntington Valley.  Today, we decided to have a small rehearsal because we just got word that we have a gig (my first one) on August 27th, which means mama has some work to do.

For the upcoming gig, we're covering songs by Martha & the Vandellas, Alicia Keys, Sylvester, Beyonce', The Four Tops, and other great (soul) artists.  I'm so excited to perform with the guys - we have so much fun at our rehearsals!

Here are a couple of the songs that we're performing:

Above: CeCe Peniston "Finally"

Above: Smokey Robinson & the Miracles "Tracks of My Tears"

Above: The Emotions "Best of My Love"

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment