Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday morning thoughts and ramblings....

I've been thinking a lot about how to market my business.  I'm learning that there's a community of people that appreciate handmade items, yet they're not online as much as my peers.  I'm thinking that I should create a brochure that I can use to introduce my business.  So, as I was preparing for service this morning, I printed out a template of brochure that I found in Microsoft Word.  I made notes during the sermon today (sorry God) on how I can configure the layout. 

There's so many things that my business needs but it simply can't afford.  I always thought I was turning a profit when it was just me, some yarn, and a friend that wanted an item, but now I have expenses that I wasn't planning for.  I wish I could afford to hire someone to create these items for me, but there's something rewarding (albeit time-consuming) about doing it myself. 

Another example -

I got some free business cards from Vistaprint back in September.  A couple of days ago, I got an e-mail saying that I was eligible for more free cards (as a special offer).  I sent about 4 hours (off and on) designing the perfect card, only to realize that it wasn't free!  I decided to reorder the original cards that I bought in September, but I'm saving my pennies for the new cards!
 
 At this point, what I'd like to have are about 8 milk crates to store my novelty and multi-color yarn.  I've learned this year that I'm a visual learner; therefore, I'm more inclined to be more productive if my yarn and supplies are organized and visible.

Off to take a nap now....sending you and yours love and light :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment